LDR from Los Angeles to Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR from Los Angeles to Paris

Hello my name is Chelsea. I'm honestly a bit skeptical about this site but no one seems to understand the extreme pain of being apart from the one you love, and i must sound like a broken record to most already. I met Ben on the streets of Paris back in September 2013 while studying abroad. A friend and I decided to go out reluctantly after another called us and we met on Grands Boulevard for drinks. Later that night my friend and I left the club and I was famished so we stopped at a crepe place next door. Ben saw me and approached me and we started talking. He ended up walking me home that night and then we went on a date the next night. We immediately hit it off and conversation was so easy even though his english wasn't very good and my french was non-existent. The rest is mostly history but he asked me to be his gf a couple weeks later and we spent the next most amazing months of my life together. Unfortunately I was a senior in college at the time and had to go back to finish up the year. We spent two months apart and then he visited for a couple weeks. After we spent another 4 months apart which were horrible.... this past summer as soon as i graduated i flew back to Paris. We got an apt together and went on vacation to celebrate my graduation, Athens, Santorini, Milos, and Rome. While there i struggled finding work and felt the need to go back to California. After talking a lot we decided the best decision for us to be together was to get married so we could work in each others countries and make a living. The more we talked about it the more we truly wanted to be married so on December 2nd we had a beautiful little ceremony at a marie in Paris and decided to come back to the States so i can go to law school. The visa situation has been confusing.... initially we planned on him applying for a green card here but we can only survive for so long without him working. So he leaves for Paris in 10 days.... and neither of us know when he will be back.... or where to begin with the Visa bullshit... I always think it will be the last time were apart, but it never is....

Greetings from a fellow Angelino!
    My SO lives in Germany, so I feel your pain when it comes to international long distance
    You two have a beautiful story, though, which reminds me a bit of mine and my SO's
    I know the distance sucks, especially when you're really close to closing the distance. Just know that this site is a great community of people who are in situations like yours. We're here to help!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you won't have to deal with the distance much longer

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X