Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone

Hello all!
    So brand new here, and well a little confused, frustrated and working to make my LDR work.
    I'm 53 years old and my boyfriend is 10 years younger. Our situation is a little bit different than most.

We met for the first time about 18 years ago at a party that was thrown for a chat room we were both regular visitors too. Then a few months after that we were together again at a party thrown by a mutual friend. We hooked up at the party and had a good time. Stayed in touch after that even though he went back to Texas and I stayed here in NY.
    Then again a while after this I brought him to NY to attend said mutual friends wedding, he stayed with me at my home this time for several days. It was good. But then of course he had to go home again.
    After that we kind of lost touch with each other for several years, he got married, joined the Marines etc. I stayed here in NY and went on with my life with my children etc.
    I did hear news of him off and on from our friends, but we never really talked or anything in all this time.

Then this past October, we connected again, through the same friends on Facebook, and well it's been a whirl wind of
    catching up, getting to know one another even better, and eventually falling in love.
    It's so hard, because my current living situation is well lets just say is a bit unusual. Which just makes things more complicated. I'm not romantically or physically involved with anyone here in NY at this time, but I do have a room mate which makes things a little odd. As we were previously in a relationship that has since gone to the wayside. So here I am in love with a Texas Cowboy...But frozen (literally) in time in NY.

Welcome to LFAD!
    It's alright to be frustrated, LDRs are frustrating in general.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD It's great that you managed to find one another again.

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Welcome to LFAD...Ny to Tx here too...

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, those of us in LDR's always have an interesting and unique story to tell, it's nice to add yours into the fold.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X