Just the beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just the beginning

I joined this site a few months ago and am finally getting to this introduction. I really don't have it as bad as so many others. I met my boyfriend in high school. It was a really small high school...around 40 in my class. We were friends, but not super close. The past 4-5 years we became close friends to the point where I considered him one of my best friends. He lives near our hometown so any time I went back, I would stay at his place (completely platonic). I live in a major city within driving distance so we often met up anytime he was in the metro. My kids absolutely love him. Last summer I returned to our hometown for the annual festival, as I have so many times in the past, and that's when things changed. I realized once I got on the road home, I really didn't want to leave...ever. I thought about him the whole way home (5 hour drive) and the next couples days. When I decided that my feelings weren't a fluke I wrote him a three page letter telling him I was in love. We have been making the drive ever since. The longest we have been apart is three weeks and it seems like an eternity. He is a farmer so these next several months will be a good test since he won't be able to make the trip as often.

I do not envy those of you that have to wait longer periods. I do admire your will to make your relationships work.

Welcome to LFAD!
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Aww this is a sweet story Thanks for introducing yourself
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to the forums! ☺

Comment

Working...
          X