LDR 5 years now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR 5 years now

Note: its 2 am here and i may be blabbing and be all over the place.
    Hi everyone,

I was on youtube watching all these cute proposal videos and then LDR meetings for the first time, I was inspired to talk about my own LDR. I've never really talked to anyone extensively about it because there weren't many people at the beginning of my relationship who really understood the concept of it. So I created an "alternative" how-we-met story, simple and have still used it with acquaintances and my parents, though my sister and my closest friends are well aware of the real story. (I was still in high school with very protective parents at the time and he was/is my first serious boyfriend) We've been going back and forth seeing each other between nyc & phx. I just wish someone would have told me how awkward yet weirdly very comfortable our first meeting was, we sort of cringe at the thought of it now LOL

I'm also relatively close to temporary closing the distance... he may be doing an internship or work here for a few months after graduation... but I'm also preparing to leave to teach in South Korea around this time next year. Our relationship has been great for the most part however I fear that I may be "too independent" at the moment and i might seem a bit apathetic at times, think I just have so much going on right now been so busy I don't have time to think about missing him as much! and as opposed to when we first started our relationship, I am in no rush to get married though i can safely say that God-willing there will definitely be a future together . At least he understands me and continues to love me and support me despite all this.

I look forward to hearing from you all as well sharing my experiences and any advice on travel, communication and adjusting to the ever confusing emotions.
    Last edited by nettiee; February 28, 2015, 03:09 AM.

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!! I'm down in T-Town myself. Always nice to see fellow Arizonans!
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Working...
      X