Heyy everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heyy everyone

Hey LFAD people, my name is Jenny and I'm 24. Found this site tonight because my boyfriend just flew back to where he lives and I'm just having a hard time with it. We were together years ago and were just too young and stupid to handle an LDR, so we went our separate ways. Came back into each others lives, he's in the military now, and things are finally able to work out in a way. He goes on short deployments sort of often and he's about to be on another one. He spent 8 days here with me finally, we've waited 5 years for the time to be right. I miss him so much already, just seeing things he left around my apartment. BLAH. So yeah, I hope this forum can help me a bit, I just want to be with him again.
    Last edited by jenlee11; March 29, 2015, 07:00 PM.

Welcome to LFAD

Welcome welcome!

Always happy to see a fellow milso amongst our members :3
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I'm assuming that means military significant other (need to learn the new lingo). Yeah the military part is new to us. He's about to be on a 14 hour time difference so it'll be different.
      Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by jenlee11 View Post
        I'm assuming that means military significant other (need to learn the new lingo). Yeah the military part is new to us. He's about to be on a 14 hour time difference so it'll be different.
        Thank you!!
        oh lol no worries I don't know much military jargon either. but yes, military significant other (milso)
        Has he just entered the army? Shall I assume he from the states but simply stationed that far away? what is that, a time difference from around asia?
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

He's been in the Navy for a few years but we're just now getting back into our relationship. He's stationed in the states (pretty far from me as it is), but his deployment is somewhere in Asia, yes.

Comment

He's been in the Navy for a few years but we're just now getting back into our relationship. He's stationed in the states (pretty far from me as it is), but his deployment is somewhere in Asia, yes.
            Ah alright. Well, welcome to the military world. Do you have a while til he deploys or?
            Also, do you watch youtube? Cause if so I have a co-youtuber pair who would probably give you lots of insight into the military spouse life (and they are Navy!) I watch them all the time, and let me tell you it helped a lot.

Comment

He deploys later this week. He came and saw me with his time off before he left. And yeah I'm on YouTube all the time.

Comment

He deploys later this week. He came and saw me with his time off before he left. And yeah I'm on YouTube all the time.
                Aw, well I am here if you need me. I have gone through a deployment with my SO if you need to vent, I'll understand.

I highly recommend DiamondsOnDeck76 then, awesome youtubers, and the best I have watched informationally on milso life.
                They have a whole military playlist- it is definitely worth the look.

Comment

Working...
                X