American-Australian in MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American-Australian in MI

A few months ago I moved from Australia to Michigan for work. I was born here (although I've lived most of my life in Aus) but my GF is Australian and can't work here without retraining, which will take 2 years minimum. This is my first serious relationship (actually the first that's lasted more than a few dates) so I was happy to give long distance a try, but lately I've been feeling lonely and depressed and wondering if it's all worth it. Part of me just wants to move on and find someone I can actually be close to and interact with, but the other part is afraid of throwing away something that would be really hard if not impossible to replace. Obviously I have very little relationship experience (let along long distance) so I joined this forum hoping to get some perspective from others who've been through this before. Any thoughts, advice, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I guess you have to evaluate how much you want the relationship. Is she someone you could just replace? How would you feel about her seeing other guys? If you answer yes and ok to those then you have your answer. I think you owe it to her to talk to her about how you're feeling though.

Comment

Working...
    X