Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK to US.

Just wanted to say hi.
    My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 months and met in person last month when I spent 2 amazing weeks with him. I am heading back for 6 weeks over the summer. Just looking to meet people in similar situations and offer some support to others. I have done LDRS in the past my last relationship (8 years) was also a LDR. So I have a lot to offer in that regard.
    Thanks and hi
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Welcome Ella,

I too am in the UK and in an LDR with an American since 2012. We've met a few times now and our next visit is in a few weeks when I'll go back to the states for a couple of weeks. The plan is to close the distance by him coming here but was complicated as I had to change jobs, was ill and I have a daughter from my previous marriage which brings extra complications. I'm sure we'll get there though.

There's quite a few of us UK-USA as well as other international combinations and people in the same country so there's quite a mix. I'm sure you'll get stuck in

Comment

Thanks very much ^^

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Ella

Comment

Hi Ella

In same situation as you but yet to meet... Hoping we can make plans really soon as things have been really complicated over the past 2 years but are finally seeming to fall into place now.

Comment

I'm in the UK and my SO is in the US Met once already, second trip is in 2 months time.

Welcome to the forum
            Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
            Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
            Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
            His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
            Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
            Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
            Married: June 29th 2018
            Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

Thanks so much

Comment

Hello Ella!

I hope your LDR is still doing well!
                I am actually quit new at this and have been in contact with my SO since 2011.
                I understand your excitement to see yours soon. I am waiting for the day I can finally see my SO for the first time!

Comment

Thanks, everything is great with us. Thats a long time to go with out seeing each other!! I bet you can't wait!

Comment

Hi Ella! I'm an American in a relationship with someone in the UK, he's coming to see me in July. Nice to see another person with the same kind of gap.

Comment

Working...
                    X