Hello everyone :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone :)

Hello everyone! My name is Sarah. I'm 23 years old and I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for a year and 4 months. He just turned 24 years old. We met in college and began dating at the end of his last semester of college. We saw each other everyday for 5 months before he moved back downstate to his hometown about 15 minutes away from Detroit, so we've been in a long distance relationship for almost a year now. From where I live in Upper Michigan to where he lives is about 500 miles away, which is about a 9-10 hour car ride. We try to see each other at least once a month, but the first two months of the year he could not travel due to having back surgery. I'm still finishing up my last few classes in college and my boyfriend just started his first job from what he majored in college today working in marketing. We usually talk to each other everyday on the phone, and we text here and there throughout the day. Now that he has his job working 9-5, talking is going to become more limited and I'm just starting to grasp that idea today.

I stumbled across this forum while searching for others who are going through long distance relationships like myself. I just wanted to connect with others so I know I'm not alone in this. Not being with the one you love can be really hard at times, but I know we love each other and that distance is something we can get over. Seeing him after long periods of time and being able to finally hug him is all worth it after the time apart
    Last edited by YooperSarah; April 20, 2015, 03:12 PM.

You are definitely not alone. Welcome to LFAD fellow Michigander! I love the U.P. So beautiful up there.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Working...
    X