Trying this new found website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying this new found website

Hi. I just really want to read some stories about LDR and found this website. Read some great stories in here. Might as well introduce myself and tell my story.
    My name is Ara. I have a boyfriend of 6 years. We're both Filipinos. He was petitioned and moved to California last May 2014. I've known him my whole life. We were classmates in first grade. But we're not really friends. He was just a mere schoolmate. Up until our junior year, he started talking to me. We got really close. Eventually, we became a couple. We see each other almost everyday. I was so used to having him around. And then his mother told him that in a week, he'll be going to Cali and stay there for good. A week notice.. I can't even. It was so hard to adjust. I miss the times when I would just call and tell him I want to see him, he'll go to my house and we'll watch movies and cuddle and eat..
    Then 2 weeks ago. A huge surprise because he went home. Went straight to my room and said "Hi Ara" and I was like.. Is this for real?? Are you fckn really here??! I stared at him for a few seconds and then ran to hug him. I missed him so much. He said he'll be staying here for 2 weeks. In that 2 weeks, we were inseparable. Twas the best 2 weeks of my life. And of course, he had to go back. That's when I start searching for LDR stories to somehow, relate.

Welcome to LFAD, ashtragirl.
    I can only imagine what Long Distance feels like if you've already been together for so long because I met my SO online and we have yet to meet.

Comment

It's hard. He needs to stay there for 5 years to be an american citizen. I'm waiting for him to come get me and he's waiting for me to finish school. I know he's the one. He's the one I wanna grow old with. I just hope nothing would change between us except for the distance.

Comment

The good news with your LD is that you already have the foundation you need to survive. It'll be hard, but at least you have the past few years to help you get through this struggle too. You have already been through tough situations (I'm assuming in 6 years you've had at least one!) and this one is no different. Hang in there. You'll learn how to become LD. The most important thing that everyone here will tell you is stay busy! Take this time apart to work on yourself and your relationship. You're still young and it can be a really good thing to get to grow by yourself for a while, especially since you've been with your SO for so long.

Comment

Working...
        X