Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro

My name is Bill. I am 48. I am recently divorced and have two sons ages 18 and 22 that are now both in college. I went from having a house with 4 people in it to just myself. I was married to my wife for 15 years. Then we divorced. Then remarried for 7 more years. Then divorced again. Married and divorced twice but only one X-wife.

I met my SO in 3rd grade and we were friends for years. She married someone else and moved away. Hadn't seen her in over 30 years. We started talking in April on FB and have been together since mid July. She lives about 120 miles north of me. She works 2 jobs so we visit each other about every other weekend, when possible. She has 3 older children, ages 20, 25 and 26.

Not sure if 120 miles makes for a LDR but not having her around means she might as well be on the moon. So, I joined for support. Not handling the LDR very well.

Hi Bill, welcome to LFAD

You'll find all the support you could need on here, I can promise you that.

That's quite a story, I got goosebumps all over as I was reading it! You were obviously meant for one another

And sure 120 miles counts as an LDR. It must be quite a shock to the system to go from a busy house for such a long time to then having to adjust to being in an LDR. Do you have any plans to end the distance anytime in the future?
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Hi Bill, nice to have you here! Support is what you will find, loads of it from wonderful people, enduring the distance and the lucky few who have conquered it. Take care and welcome.

Comment

Hey Bill, I've seen you post a few times on here. Welcome to LFAD.

We all understand - 120 miles may as well be 500 when you can't see each other except on the weekends. We can all commiserate with the missing our SO's. And celebrate the joys.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
          You'll find a lot of support here. 120 miles is hard on anyone when you can't see each other much, so I understand. You'll find a lot of support and listening ears here, so no worries! =]

Comment

Hi Bill! I'll be doing the 120 mile distance next year too (down from 420 miles) so keep us updated. This forum is definitely a great place to get advice and support so use it to your advantage. Look forward to seeing you around here!
            First date: 12.27.09
            Started the distance: 6.10.10
            Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Everyone around here is good for support or advice concerning some situation or another. Good luck
              First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Bill, I think I've seen your SO around here too...? If you need anything just ask, this community is filled with nice people and great advice!

Comment

Hey there Bill Welcome to LFAD
                    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I have posted some questions or commented on others prior to introducing myself so you may have see my name pop up in the last few weeks/months. My SO is not a member and has not accessed the site. She has a support system around her and has not felt the need. I am not sure when we will be together but she said that maybe before the Christmas holidays. I have my fingers crossed but trying not to expect anything for fear of a let-down. Again, thanks to everyone for the welcome and your support.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! =)
                        This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Bill! Glad that you could join us here!

Comment

Hi there Bill...I have seen you around on here...yes LDR's are frustrating and hard...but at the same time...when the love is strong....It is amazing and it is possible!
                            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome Bill. You have a great story!

Comment

Working...
                              X