Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!

Hello hello!
    Now that I've given you the false impression of me being a Beatles fan, let me actually introduce myself:

My name is Emily, and I currently live with my family in South Carolina. I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years now {though we have known each other longer}, and he lives in Virginia. He's a reservist in the US Army. We've been fortunate enough to get into the habit of seeing each other once every 4-6 weeks, which is always so nice, even though we only see each other for a day or two at a time.

I never thought I'd end up in a long-distance relationship {or any relationship, for that matter, haha}, and yet here I am, almost two years into one. It hasn't been easy, but the only thing I'd trade it for would be living up in VA with my love. But that will happen in time.

When I'm not talking to my other half, you can usually find me watching people, thinking, reading, playing the piano, or organizing things. I am a lover of tea, socks, Mario Kart, the sky, and my cat, Darla.

Sometimes the distance between me and my Other gets tricky, especially in times like this - he's at WLC in Mississippi all month, which means we only have a 20-minute window each day to really talk to each other {aside from the occasional hello/how are you}. I was curious about the existence of LDR support groups, and so I was excited to find this one! I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Hi Emily, welcome to LFAD
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome, my SO is in Virginia too but down in the south in Isle of Wight county.

Comment

Working...
      X