Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

My name is Emilia, and I am currently an undergrad student at university.

My SO and I met in college when he was a freshman and I was a sophomore. We were friends for about a year and a half before we finally got together this past February. He has been my best friend through thick and thin, and these past few months have been amazing.

This summer, he has an internship in a different state. Communication wise, we are only able to call on weekends and text sparingly thoughout the week. He has very bad service where he is and isn't allowed to have his phone out while he works. It's been about a month, and while it's been really difficult because we were used to seeing and talking to each other every day, we've made it through. I actually just got back from my first visit with him today! (Unfortunately our visits have to be short. I drive up on Saturday getting there around noon and leave Sunday just before noon.)

Even though he's only gone for the summer (about 6 or 7 more weeks with one visit about 4 weeks from now), the communication situation has been tough for me. If anyone has any advice on how to make things easier/coping techniques, it would be much appreciated! I plan to go to grad school when I finish my undergrad degree, plus he goes back to this internship next summer as well, so any tips I find on here will definitely be put into place when we have to deal with distance again.

I'm really looking forward to meeting and sharing ideas with people on this site!
    Emilia
Working...
X