Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am wayyy too shy- need to stop lurking and say hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wayyy too shy- need to stop lurking and say hello!

...Hello!

Wow, it's great to find this place, with lotsa folks who understand just how much goes into a LDR, and the emotional highs and lows involved! My LDR has had both highs and the lows, but it's been a great ride overall, and oh so worth it

I live near Washington DC and Scott lives in the UK... we met online in July 2009 and were hooked on each other from the first email! We met face to face in Sept '09 and became a couple then. Luckily we both have jobs that give a decent amount of vacation time, and we've been able to get together every four months since then, for 2-week visits.

For the past few months we've been actively working on a close-the-distance plan, and have just finalized a wedding date in February '11 in Scotland. YAY!

It's great to meet you all, look forward to talking with you

Michelle
    We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Welcome to LFAD

That's so awesome that you get to see each other that often and for that amount of time Especially in a UK-US ldr in which I imagine the flights are pretty expensive

Comment

Hi Michelle! Welcome to LFAD

And congratulations on a wedding date! That's fantastic!

Don't be a stranger
      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Michelle! This is a really awesome place, I've no doubt you'll be just as chatty in no time. ^^

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Michelle! It's great that you decided to come out of lurkdom and join us in posting here!

Congrats on setting your wedding date! That's fantastic!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
            Congrats on the wedding date =]

Comment

Thanks so much for the warm welcome... and for the wedding congrats!!

Originally posted by sam View Post
              Welcome to LFAD

That's so awesome that you get to see each other that often and for that amount of time Especially in a UK-US ldr in which I imagine the flights are pretty expensive
              Ugh, yep flights are SO expensive! I go to my parents' house begging for food the month after a trip, lol. But even if it was 3x as expensive I'd still find a way to go, somehow!!! I've gotten pretty good about finding less expensive fares and flying at off-times to save money. And we alternate- he pays one, then I pay one.

Originally posted by Andy View Post

Don't be a stranger
              Thanks Andy... but if I can't be a stranger, can I at least be strange??! Lol
              We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

Welcome to the community! And congratulations to on the wedding date

Comment

*Giggles* you're funny. Congrats on making a date, and for not lurking. ^^;
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Welcome!!! Look forward to hearing more about your LDR! And your wedding plans!

Comment

Congrats on an upcoming wedding!!!

Welcome to the Forum!
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by michy View Post
                        Originally posted by Andy View Post
                        Don't be a stranger
                        Thanks Andy... but if I can't be a stranger, can I at least be strange??! Lol

Strange people are welcomed with open arms, I'm sure you might even feel at home here
                        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! My SO's name is Scott too... and he's from the UK. Awesome.
                          First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Awwww it's so great that you have a wedding date set up - I can't wait to start planning my wedding with Andy (not that I haven't started it all in my head already)!

Comment

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials! That's so exciting, I'm about an hour away from D.C. too. Such a fun (and expensive) city.
                              First date: 12.27.09
                              Started the distance: 6.10.10
                              Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

Working...
                              X