• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A kinda new person!

Hey everyone!
    I'm Manda or Eary
    I was on the old forum/server thing but i only posted once i think lol
    I will try to be a bit more active here.

I have been in an LDR with my boyfriend for about 15 months now and I am moving over to Denmark to live with him in the summer

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome! I'm also moving to Scandinavia in the near future

To Finland, to be with the lovely lady who's posted above me
      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

oo thats great! have you been learning the language? how are you finding it? (i know they are very different but must be hard too!)

Comment

She's taught me a few words here and there and I can say the odd sentence but I'm miles away from holding even the most basic conversation yet!

I've read that if English is your first language then Finnish is the hardest European language you can learn. Great stuff :S

I'm hoping to go on a course in the summer though

How are you finding Danish?
          In a relationship with

My Albums:
          Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
          My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Incrediably hard in terms of actually speaking it, I can read and write a little and am able to understand maybe half of a conversation between Jesper (OH) and his family but aside from that.. i'm kinda at a standstill. Problem is that they have really short words and skip saying a load of letters so for an english person, its incrediably difficult!
            Luckily the danish govt gives free danish lessons for the first 3 years of living there! I'd love to take some here and there are classes in london but I can't really afford it or do I have the time considering i'm in final years hehe
            Just wish there was a way to learn quickly and for free! lol

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

And congrats on moving soon! I've never been to Denmark, but I'm from Finland so I can tell you that Scandinavia rocks. :P

Comment

Welcome! Congrats on plans to move! I have plan of my own to move to Brazil to be with my SO, hopefully in september

Comment

Welcome!!! I hope your moving plans go well. I'm also ending the distance soon, but he is the one moving to me! Bless him!

Comment

Originally posted by Earytha View Post
                    They do say that you will learn super-quick if you're surrounded by the language day-in, day-out!

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Incrediably hard in terms of actually speaking it, I can read and write a little and am able to understand maybe half of a conversation between Jesper (OH) and his family but aside from that.. i'm kinda at a standstill. Problem is that they have really short words and skip saying a load of letters so for an english person, its incrediably difficult!
                      Luckily the danish govt gives free danish lessons for the first 3 years of living there! I'd love to take some here and there are classes in london but I can't really afford it or do I have the time considering i'm in final years hehe
                      Awwwww I wish Finland would have that kind of program for immigrants too! We do have some cheap courses on the language but the ones in universities cost almost 200 euros each and there's like 6 different levels! Exploiting ppl say I

Comment

Free lessons, nice!

There's no Finnish lessons anywhere near I live, it's a pretty useless language outside of Finland as it's exclusive to there, unlike English or Spanish, and there's no call for it at all to be taught here so I have to wait until I get over there to learn it unfortunately
                        In a relationship with

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Useless language?

Comment

Don't take that out of context :|

What was the whole sentence? :|

I knew you'd do that ffs
                            In a relationship with

My Albums:
                            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Good luck with the move .

Comment

Working...
                              X