Goodmorning! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodmorning! :)

goodmorning,after a 3yr relationship i find my new job bringing me on the road and away from my one an only ive been a lurker here for awhile now but finally decided to take the next step and say hi and thanks for all the great ideas here.

Does anyone else ever have trouble falling asleep? I mean like i just cant get my mind off her and missing everything just makes me so sad an lonely and just drives me crazy...

Enough rambling for the day.. I gotta get up for work in 3Hrs .. Omg

Hi and welcome

Comment

Hello! As far as your question goes: I think everyone has those nights. Many times, I am perfectly fine and go on as if the love of my life isn't halfway around the world. There are nights that the missing becomes unbearable. It is perfectly normal, but try your best to not let those nights become every night. That is the true test. The best thing to do is just try to get her off of your mind. The more distracted you become, the better. Try reading, watching tv, or doing whatever else it is that can distract you while you're winding down for bed. Once you are going to sleep, try to shut your brain off. The more you think about her, the worse it's going to be and you won't be able to sleep for a while. Like anything else, practice makes perfect, so keep working at it. Eventually you'll become such a "pro" at LD that you'll surprise yourself when you start crying because you miss your SO so much.

Comment

The first month was rough but ive been fine just kinda hit me out of know where last night thats the suprise part you were talking about i guess.. I hate being on the road but the money is well i cant make 3-5k a week at home.. Its only for a year then it will all fall together..

Comment

Originally posted by style View Post
          The first month was rough but ive been fine just kinda hit me out of know where last night thats the suprise part you were talking about i guess.. I hate being on the road but the money is well i cant make 3-5k a week at home.. Its only for a year then it will all fall together..
          That's the thing to keep in mind. If it's only for a year, then you have an end date in mind (or at least a certain time frame). A year is nothing! Many of us have no end date in sight and are seeing our So's only a couple of times a year, if that. Count your blessings and realize it'll be over before you know it! ((and this is in no way trying to minimize what you're feeling. Long distance sucks no matter how long it's happening or how far you are. The point is that you are one of the lucky ones and it'll be over before you know it!))

Comment

Working...
          X