Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing My LOVE Daily

Hi Fellow LDRs

I am new to the community and so happy to have found this family. Being in a LDR can be a struggle.

I am recently divorced from a 15 year marriage (2 kids) that I always knew was not meant to be. Not long after the separation I reconnected with my high school sweet heart (the man I was supposed to marry). He too was in the process of ending his marriage (together 14 years, married 7 years with 2 kids). I moved to Missouri when I got married and he stayed in Indiana with his family. Here we are a year and a half into the LDR and I am so scared of losing him again.

We have had an off/on relationship since we met (I was 14 and he was 16) up until I got married. We never broke up because we did not want to be together, but always due to geographical issues (went to different high schools then one or the other going off to college). Now we are apart because neither of us want to up-root our children, but his son will go off to college in 3 years. So we plan to relocate to the same city in 2018-2019.

We have such busy lives that I get nervous when our contact is limited over a day or so. I know I am being insecure, but my divorce happened because my ex-husband decided to leave me so I have some abandonment issues. It's funny because him leaving is the best gift he could have given me, but it still hurts and brings some insecurities when someone walks out on you. I am hoping to find support in this community to help me stay strong through these next few years and learn some tips to keep our LDR strong and happy.

I look forward to hearing and speaking to you all.

CharmedDK

Welcome! It sounds like you would benefit from a lot of the threads on here already! Please take some time to look through them for some of the advice that you're looking for! There's so much good information here and some of the newbies tend to overlook it! Hope you enjoy LFAD!

Comment

Working...
    X