Hello fellow LDR couples!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello fellow LDR couples!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Aaron, and I have been in a long distance relationship since February 2014. Our actual anniversary is February 9th, but our celebrated anniversary date is February 14th, or Valentine's Day. Since the two dates are so close together, we decided to do it that way. My partner lives in Norway, and I live in the United States. We have a 6 hour time difference, however that didn't stopped us from talking on Skype until the sun came up (on both sides of the globe) in the beginning of our relationship. Things have of course settled down as far as those Skype calls go, but our love is just as strong as it was when we first started, if not, it's gotten stronger. We talk with each other as much as we can, whether that's Skype, Facebook, or Viber.

We met online through a mutual friend, and after 6 months of my partner and I being in a close friendship, we had developed a love for each other, started a relationship and here we are, almost two years later! I have no doubt that we are soulmates! I have visited Norway twice to spend time with my partner. The first time was 6 months into our relationship and I stayed for two weeks, and the second time was during my spring break back in March for one week. And honestly, those visits were everything I could want and more! I'm hoping to spend the 2016 holidays in Norway if my schedule allows me to.

I'm a 19 year old college student currently job hunting as well so I can get money for December, if I can get time off. If not, I'm going to try and spend the entire summer of 2016 in Norway. My S/O is 7 years older than me, and that's where people tend to disagree with our relationship. The way I see it is we were dating when I was 18. All that matters is the present. I'm here to meet other people who are/have been in LDR's, as I enjoy talking to people in a similar situation as I am. Anyway, I look forward to reading about other experiences, and can't wait to meet other members!
    "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

You need to stop focusing on the "what if" and keep focusing on the "what is."

First Time Meeting: August 10th 2014-August 21st 2014
    Second Time Meeting: March 13th 2015-March 20th 2015
    Third Meeting: December 27th 2015-January 21st 2016 (We got engaged!)
    Fourth Meeting: July 12th-August 25th 2016
    Fifth Meeting: February 10th-February 28th 2017 (My S/O came to America!)
    Next Meeting: June 20th-September 17th 2017 (Our longest visit yet!)

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Heyo!~ Nice to meet you too

Comment

welcome
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X