6 year relationship! (New here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 year relationship! (New here!)

Hi everyone! I really wish I would have discovered this site sooner when my boyfriend and I were in a LDR. We were only 350 miles away, but a border between two countries kept us apart for over 6 years. It was hard, but it was very worth it. We didn't know when we would get to see each other again, but we never lost hope. We were patient, and now we have been given the opportunity to live in the same state. Now we're extremely happy, and hopefully we're able to inspire others to keep on staying strong in their LDR until reunited, and show everyone how we have and continue to grow together. Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum! Happy to know that the two of you have closed the distance! Knowing you two have been together for six years gives me more hope my S/O and myself!
    "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

You need to stop focusing on the "what if" and keep focusing on the "what is."

First Time Meeting: August 10th 2014-August 21st 2014
    Second Time Meeting: March 13th 2015-March 20th 2015
    Third Meeting: December 27th 2015-January 21st 2016 (We got engaged!)
    Fourth Meeting: July 12th-August 25th 2016
    Fifth Meeting: February 10th-February 28th 2017 (My S/O came to America!)
    Next Meeting: June 20th-September 17th 2017 (Our longest visit yet!)

Comment

Must be nice to be in a relation for such a long time without being thrown and trampled on its way. . . . .
      Some people get a lot better luck than others.
      to ur happiness. . ..
      How I wish I could say the same about myself. . .

Comment

Congrats on closing the distance! Hope that you are able to share some of your insights on others here who may need some advice! Also, feel free to post anything about your CD relationship too! There are many here that have already closed the distance but look for advice on one topic or another!

Comment

Such an inspiring story. Congratulations!!

Comment

Welcome! It's lovely to hear that things worked out! We don't have too great a distance either, but being in different countries isn't fun!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJG96 View Post
              Welcome to the forum! Happy to know that the two of you have closed the distance! Knowing you two have been together for six years gives me more hope my S/O and myself!

Thank you! It hasn't always been easy but it's definitely worth the wait! I wish you the best! It just takes patient and perseverance. Lots of it.
              Last edited by wearethejays; August 29, 2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X