Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

I'm new here! Like, incredibly new, I started just a day ago actually! But in the short time I've been on this site, I can't help but feel the positivity of all the lovely and kind people in LDRs.

It's really refreshing to read encouraging and happy responses since I, personally, don't receive them.

Being able to read other responses to other threads that is uplifting is enough for me to feel more secure about my own relationship.

This is actually my first time in a serious relationship, on top of that, it being long distance!

It's been 5 and a half months in a very nice relationship with my lovely girlfriend, who lives 1k miles away from me.
    She lives in Minnesota while I live in California, there's a small time difference and she works full time.
    She's 20, with a full time job and is taking a break from school to focus on changing her major! I'm a senior in high school, trying to get into the Minnesota College of Art and Design to be able to get closer to her! We talked about this many times and she also expressed that she would like for me to get a drivers licence before arriving to her state, which I can understand since she's chauffeur for her roommates and friends. I'm trying my best to find a job where I live in California as well as studying before taking the DMV test. I'm also a graphic designer in the making!

She's an Aries with her rising sign as Scorpio and I'm an Aquarius with Libra as my rising sign!
    We both have a lot in common, from music tastes to our favorite pizza toppings (which are shrimp)!
    We are also an interracial pair! She's Caucasian and I'm a dark-skinned south eastern Asian!

I love her tons, since I haven't felt like this towards anyone at all, it feels natural for me to gravitate towards her.
    Lately we've been getting into fights about small foolish things... It's complicated on both ends because we don't usually talk voice to voice or face to face, it's mostly just texting. But, I'm working on building my confidence to initiate more screen time with her.
    Right now, things are slowly getting better and I'm hoping the fighting season of new love ends by this month since I've read that a regular LDR doesn't last past 4 months.

Wish us luck! Thank you!

Hello!

Welcome on the forums. I assure you that you will find lots of great, up-lifting stories and support, when needed.

That sounds like a really cute story Hopefully you will achieve the things you want and get closer to your girlfriend.

I find some similarities - me and my S/O also mostly text but also talk on the phone, I guess it will change as the time passes (I'd love to move to video-chat, but I guess that would be too forward for her at the moment). Also I am her first serious boyfriend.

Wish you lots of luck! Hopefully the time to closing the distance will pass quickly for you.

Bart

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I'm sure you'll find lots of support here. All the best

Comment

Welcome! I'm new here too

Since you're interested in astrology, I'm sure you know that we just came out of Mercury retrograde, which might explain your text misunderstandings (and text is awful for that, no matter what Mercury is doing). And I totally understand nervousness in regards to video chatting. I was more nervous about my first video chat with my SO than when I was waiting to pick him up at the airport!

I hope you'll find lots of support here

Comment

Originally posted by ChloChlo View Post
            Welcome! I'm new here too

Since you're interested in astrology, I'm sure you know that we just came out of Mercury retrograde, which might explain your text misunderstandings (and text is awful for that, no matter what Mercury is doing). And I totally understand nervousness in regards to video chatting. I was more nervous about my first video chat with my SO than when I was waiting to pick him up at the airport!

I hope you'll find lots of support here
            I haven't been keeping up with Retrogrades recently but thank goodness you reminded me of it! I'll keep that in mind and read my texts carefully!
            I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels nervous about phone calls and video chats compared to meeting in person.

Thank you, I hope your relationship does well also!

Comment

Working...
            X