Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings :)!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Katie...I'm 25 and from England . My other half is from Georgia in the USA . We met online in 2005 and became instant best friends. After being in other relationships that didn't work out, we realised that we were meant to be together. Looking forward to connecting with you all and hopefully chatting with some other UK/US couples.
    We're getting married NEXT MONTH!!! on 29th December, ridiculously excited. We're having the wedding at the very famous Gretna Green in Scotland...kind of "eloping", there's probably 6 of us going, but we're going to have a big reception next year...a bit of advice for UK/Non EU couples hoping to marry in England. You both have to be in England for 7 consecutive days in order to submit notice to marry (and if your partner only visits for a week at a time, this is going to be a problem)...I found this out while trying to plan the wedding and that is why we're getting married in Scotland because they don't have such rules ! So, yeah...this way I do get to wear my wedding dress twice though .

Thanks!

Katie
    Last edited by Goldfinch2912; November 12, 2015, 12:15 PM.

Welcome to LFAD, Katie! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding. That's so exciting

Comment

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
      Welcome to LFAD, Katie! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding. That's so exciting
      Thank you very much !

Comment

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations, it sounds so so great!!

Comment

Originally posted by bartinkopl View Post
          Welcome to the forums! Congratulations, it sounds so so great!!
          Thanks very much !

Comment

Working...
          X