It's been over year since I been here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been over year since I been here!

Since it's been super long since I been on here, I just wanted to reintroduce myself! I have been in my long distance relationship for about 3 and a half years now, still haven't met yet, but I'm very excited to announce that we will be meeting for the first time this May! I am so excited. I have also just recently started seriously blogging - anybody here also bloggers?

Hope you all are having an amazing day!

Welcome back!!

It took 3 years before I met SO in person. It was TOTALLY worth the wait!! I hope it goes great for you too.

Which one of you is travelling?

Comment

it took 3 years for me too! and we just met 1 month ago and it was priceless and its worth waiting for! i hope you can do it

Comment

Thank you so much! My boyfriend is coming to visit me heehee. How did your first meetings go? I'm like non-stop reading stories and watching videos of LDR couples first meeting

Comment

Everything was more than i expect. she was so gorgeous. I took many photos and videos but i havent edit them yet. i would want to share a link but im too much newbie for that i guess lol

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post
            Thank you so much! My boyfriend is coming to visit me heehee. How did your first meetings go? I'm like non-stop reading stories and watching videos of LDR couples first meeting
            I was like that too!!!

I went to see him. I was super nervous in the run up to my trip, it was my first time out of Europe and my first time flying alone. It was my first flight in 11 years and I'm not a fan of flying at the best of times. I'd never been on a flight that long or a plane that big so it was really daunting. Add to that, I was leaving my two daughters behind and I'd never left them before, apart from overnight when they'd staying at my parents house or their dads place. Also, my precious dogs had to go into kennels, I was worried how my male dog would take to that as he's such a big baby and he's super bonded to me. That was just the background worries, there was the fear that maybe US Border Control wouldn't let me in, maybe he wouldn't turn up at the airport, maybe he wouldn't like me, maybe I wouldn't like him... so may things going on in my mind, I barely slept for 3 days before and I didn't sleep at all the night before or on the plane.

When I got there, I was surprisingly calm. It was scary as hell getting through border control, but once I was through and picked up my luggage I was like "holy crap, the doors are over there and he's on the other side"

I went to the bathroom, checked my mascara, had a quick spray of perfume and walked through those doors and there he was!!! He was holding a bunch of roses and I just laughed when I saw him because he was so much shorter than I thought ha! The first thing he said to me was "you're tall!" (I'm not, I'm 5'6" and so is he) We had a massive bear hug and gave him a big kiss on the lips, I could not stop smiling, I was so giddy! We went out to his car, he had forgotten where he had parked it because he was so nervous, but when he opened the door for me there was a load of Reese's on the passenger seat. That was so cute.

The first few days I was totally exhausted and jet lag really did kick my butt. It took about 3 days for the nerves to wear off completely but I think that was because I was so jet lagged I really wasn't my normal, goofy, lively self and it threw him a bit. He was defo more nervous than me. He thought I didn't like him but honestly, jet lag is horrible, it's so much more than being tired. You feel really quite out of sorts and I felt like a zombie, I could barely string a sentence together. Once that had worn off, things were absolutely fantastic. I loved every second. We got on so well, his dogs loved me and hugs family and friends did too. We did lots of touristy things together which he loved because he'd never actually done them. We spent lots of time hanging at home, enjoying each other's company, having fires in the yard in the evening listening to music and drinking beer. We had a couple of nights out with his friends and they were such fun.

I can't wait to go back. Hopefully he should be coming to visit me in the summer and I can show him all the best my area has to offer.

I'm sure your visit will be great. After so long together you really get to know each other from the inside out and I can honestly say the physical side of things was just a great bonus. I loved just being with him, being able to sit next to each other without feeling the need to talk. It's a wonderful thing to be able to chat and not have the constraints of phone battery or the worries about crappy wifi or data usage. It was very liberating and it made the 3 year wait totally worth every single second.

Comment

Working...
            X