Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this Life!

Good Morning everyone,

I was engaged to a soldier 20 years ago. He was getting out of the military. We had our wedding invitations in a box ready to be sent out. He moved back to his home town with mine and my daughters belongings and we were going to go meet him a few months later. We were very young, things didn't work out. I broke it off.

Over the years I though about him constantly. I called his mother one day to find out that he was in another state attending college, he called the day I got married and spoke with my brother finding out that I was married, I found him 4 years later just to find out that he was in a relationship and expecting a child. Then I found him a few years ago. My marriage was and had been on the rocks for a very long time. He had recently got married and his relationship was falling apart. We reconnected on a friendly basis. There for one another in a sense. We both filed for divorce with no intentions of reuniting.

Today we are both divorced. I have gone to visit him and it was as if time had stood still. He has told em that he is in love with me. We refer to our children as part of each others family, asked me if I would adopt his teenage son if everything worked out, we have looked for homes together. The plan is for me and my children who are teenagers, to move out there this summer. They have spoke to him and his son, everyone is getting acquainted and my girls tell me that they are excited.
Working...
X