Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys :)

Hi,

I'm a new member from The Netherlands. I'm turning 21 next week. I have been in a LDR with a 23 year old guy from Sri Lanka for a little over 3 years. It's very hard, because traveling costs a lot of money and it's very depressing not having your loved one around, while everyone else does. :/

I'm glad I finally got around to signing up on a forum. My friends and most of my family don't really understand what it's like to be in a LDR. After 3 years of dating and meeting my boyfriend so many times on Skype, my grandparents still occasionally ask me if I don't like any Dutch boys. -_-

Anyway, I'll be seeing him in 25 days after not seeing eachother for 15 months, so I'm pretty damn excited. I've had my packing list ready for over 6 months and my suitcase packed for atleast 2 months lol.

Have a great morning/afternoon/night, wherever you guys are.

Welcome to LFAD! Congrats on you upcoming visit! LFAD has been a godsend for me. It definitely helps having people understand what you're going through. Hope that you feel the same way! Does your SO speak Dutch? My SO's grandparent's can't fathom why he would want to date a girl who doesn't speak Dutch. So perhaps it's something to do with that? I find that everyone else is super accepting of our relationship. At least with my SO's family, it's definitely a generational thing. Don't pay too much attention to what they say!

Comment

Thank you!
      He has relatives in Amsterdam who he has visited twice, so he knows a few words and sentences. He can't hold a real conversation though.

The main problem with my grandparents is that they are scared I will move there. They also don't like me going on holiday for a month to a country over 8000km from here. I live apart, but in the same house as my grandparents so we're very close. They are just scared I guess. They don't want to lose their grandchild, but they need to realize that grandchildren grow up and go their own ways. It's a but intrusive and annoying, but it's all out of love haha.
      I don't know about your boyfriend, but that could be a reason?

Comment

Working...
      X