Hey folks. . total noob here 🙋

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks. . total noob here 🙋

Hi guys, I'm in an Ldr with a beautiful man from the US & I'm from Australia. We met in an online game that we both enjoy playing and hope to meet for the first time before the end of this year.
    Our plan is that we will go from Ldr to permanently living together as soon as we meet. I'm just as scared as I am, excited to meet him!
    Im really happy to have found this site because it is nice to know that there are others who understand the difficulties of being in an Ldr. I find nights to be the toughest, due to the time difference he's asleep by my mid-afternoon and he wakes at about midnight my time.
    Looking forward to getting to know some of you,
    Isa xx

Hello Isa, I'm new to this forum as much as you are and it's indeed very cool to get to know people going through the same things we are dealing with

Nights are defenitely the toughest when it comes to nostalgia and loneliness but what I personally do to get over it, is reminding myself how lucky I am to have my SO in my life, no matter how far he might be! I'm sure you and your boyfriend will find a way to work out your plan to live together; however, wouldn't it be better to meet one first time and see how it goes and then maybe consider to overcome the distance? I don't know your situation at all so don't take it as an offence, I wish you all the best whatever you guys decide to do

Comment

Originally posted by Isashani View Post
      Hi guys, I'm in an Ldr with a beautiful man from the US & I'm from Australia. We met in an online game that we both enjoy playing and hope to meet for the first time before the end of this year.
      Our plan is that we will go from Ldr to permanently living together as soon as we meet. I'm just as scared as I am, excited to meet him!
      Im really happy to have found this site because it is nice to know that there are others who understand the difficulties of being in an Ldr. I find nights to be the toughest, due to the time difference he's asleep by my mid-afternoon and he wakes at about midnight my time.
      Looking forward to getting to know some of you,
      Isa xx
      Hi Isa, welcome to LFAD!

You will find lots of stories, advice and tools on this site. Moving from one country to another is an extremely long and expensive process. I would suggest gong through the site and start getting some ideas as to what it involves. If you are thinking of moving to the US - this is a good website to start looking around https://www.visajourney.com/
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thankyou for you kind welcomes ��
        I understand where you're coming from Wild, if I was anyone else I would give me the same advice lol. My bf and I have both had long marriages (15 & 23 yrs) and we both feel like we have waited our entire lives to meet the other. We have no doubts, but I made him promise that if he is not happy here then he must tell me and not just stay for my sake and he agreed.
        Thanks for the heads-up R&R. Neither of us know anything about the process ahead & it will be great to have a resource like the experiences of people on this site at our fingertips.
        It may be lengthy and costly but I have no doubt it will be the best thing we ever did.
        xx

Comment

I'm sure it will be.

Here is info for moving to Australia https://usa.embassy.gov.au/whwh/Visa...Migration.html

I have great respect for all of those who have or are moving to another country. My SO and I have been together 2 1/2 years and both live in the US and closing the distance for us is work enough LOL.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thankyou so much for the information I'm sure it will be extremely helpful.
            The funny thing is that since this is the first ldr for my bf and i, we thought it would be a breeze for him to come here, stay a while & then we would just get married when it suited us ... & we really didn't consider any red tape that might get in our way. Talk about naive lol

Comment

Working...
            X