Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Hi everyone! I just joined this site, but I have been in a ldr for a little while. Here is the long version of the story.

I posted something on the app Whisper in December, totally not expecting anyone to reply, let alone start a chat. I posted it around 10 pm on a school night. He replied at 1 in the morning. I didn't even see it until the evening of the next day, so I almost didn't even respond. I'm so happy I did. I learned he was 24 and living in Australia. I had talked to people like that on Whisper before, so I expected a short conversation and then never hearing from him again. We kept talking, getting to know more about each other. Later I learned he's actually from Pakistan. Still don't know why, but I liked him just from that one conversation that night.

He asked me if I had Kik. Lots of people asked me that before, I said no, and the conversation usually ended. As soon as he asked, I downloaded it. We talked on there for a month or so, then switched to iMessage. Just two days after the chat on Whisper, he asked if I had a skype. I never talked to anyone on skype besides close friends from school, but I still said yes. The first one especially was terribly awkward because I'm such a quiet person, but it was good. Later that week we skyped for 3 hours, talking about whatever random stuff came up.

Now it's been over 6 months. I love his sense of humor, he is the first person I can really open up to. Our backgrounds may be completely different, but we are similar in many ways and connect well. Lately it's still hard for me to figure out how to cheer him up on a bad day, but I'm working on it. He has helped me through some rough nights whether it is about the relationship or not. We plan on meeting one day, hopefully in 2017. Unfortunately I haven't told my parents a thing because of the distance, age gap, where he's from, religion. My dad is the more conservative, so I plan on telling my mom somewhat soon. I just have no idea how to bring it up or what to say. I'm lucky to have him though, because he is helping me with that too.

So it looks like this is how it will stay for a while. Texting as much as possible, FaceTime when we are both free (doesn't happen all the time because he works a lot and time difference). Once we work out how I tell my parents, hopefully there will be a better idea of when we can meet.

This site is pretty great. For the longest time I thought I was totally insane for even hoping anything like this could work!
Working...
X