I'm so glad I found this place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad I found this place

Hi, My name is Mary. I am a Senior in High School and I am so thankful I found this website. Recently, I got myself into a (very successful, I'd say) LDR. I went on vacation to England, saw some family friends and ended up falling for the boy I've known since we were little kids. I was very scared at first, I was afraid that I'd return to the states and this relationship would go nowhere. I was so worried we would end up dropping it and things would turn awkward between us. Thankfully, that has not been the case yet, as we are approaching our first month anniversary tomorrow. I found this website out of curiosity to see other people's perspectives on these sorts of relationships and let me tell you, this site is so helpful and supportive. My friends and family think that I am crazy for getting myself into this and they do not understand the ups and downs of being in a long distance relationship. I feel almost they take local relationships for granted sometimes, so I do not find much help or support from them. I know the situation is very similar to him as well. I am very thankful to find a supportive community who understands what I am going through and can relate to me as well.

Hi Mary and welcome to LFAD :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Welcome and enjoy your stay~

Yeah, this community can be a huge relief for us who have very few people (or even none) in similar situations~

Comment

Welcome here
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Hi Mary, welcome to LFAD

You'll find a lot of great advice and lots of support here

Comment

Same here. I'm glad to join such useful community.

Comment

hey welcome to this forum. i am eliza from London. i am a writer.

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
                X