Curious and interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious and interested

I titled that because that's kind of the exact conversation that SO and I had that led to us getting together in the first place.

We have been dating for two years this September, and most of it has been long distance. Actually, even when he lived nearby, he was still very far away. We have been six weeks without seeing each other before, and though we hope to never have to do that again, I sometimes get impatient with the two week average.

I'm joining this group to see how other couples handle the insecurities, trust, and patience. When I was working, it wasn't such a big deal, the time would go by so fast and my brain would be plenty occupied, but now that I'm home all the time, I think i need to approach this differently. The last thing I want to do is drive him away by suddenly being needy and depressed.

Welcome and enjoy your stay~

Also, I think, if you aren't doing it already, you should pick up hobbies, hang out with people or just do random stuff to keep your mind distracted. Otherwise it will be really hard to deal with the distance.

Comment

Maybe pick up a part time job or volunteer someplace?
      It is hard... and I think we all get cranky some times. It's how you choose to deal with it that makes a difference! If you have a valid reason for being concerned or upset, you need to be able to talk openly with your SO. Letting things build up can cause a big crash later..

Hope you find more answers and the support you need here!

Comment

Working...
      X