Hiya!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya!

Hi there, LFAD community! I was searching for ldr support online and stumbled on this group. Words can't express how thankful I am to have a forum to come to with problems and advice!

Just to give a little background to me and my ldr:

My name is Kate and I'm born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. I'm recently returned from living abroad in London for two years where I was an ancient history Master's student at King's College London, from Sept 2014 to June 2016. In Nov 2015, I met Andrew, a born and raised Londoner, who became my boyfriend a month later on 2 December 2015. I fought tooth and nail to stay in London, both for myself and for my relationship, but in June I was forced to move back home since I couldn't find a job to sponsor my British visa and my student one was expired. My boyfriend traveled home with me and left on 30 June, thus beginning this excruciating ldr experience. Andrew will be visiting in December to spend Christmas with me and my family, but we're hoping that he'll just be able to permanently stay as we're making plans for him to move here temporarily (as we both want to ultimately end up in England) so we can close this distance.

Things have been hard. We've been apart 52 days and have 118 more to go. The distance is hard, mostly because because of the six hour time difference between us. Though we talk everyday, it's often hard to have meaningful conversations during the week due to his long hours as a software developer. It's a lonely experience for me, but I'm trying to remind myself that wasn't doesn't destroy me will make me stronger.

I'm trying to remain positive. It's hard, but I'm hoping now that I've found this community it might be an easier going! Thanks for existing, LFAD!

Kate xx
Working...
X