1st Time In An LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Time In An LDR

Hi, my name is Chris. I signed up here as I am in what I believe is an LDR for the first time and would like some support / advice.

A little backstory; I met my SO on an online gaming website that we both play almost every night. We had been playing games against each other for a number of weeks and chatting (light-hearted, nothing serious).

One of the nights we were chatting she came out and said she really likes chatting to me and that I make her smile a little. I said I like chatting to her too.

Over the couse of 3 - 4 hours chatting that night we established that there was a connection there and that we were both single and found out a lot about each other. We seem to have quite a lot in common. We chatted about (mostly initiated by her) wanting to be with each other and by the end of our chat (about 7am) we were classing ourselves as "together".

We have been together since 21st July, with a 2 week break, mainly due to someone else stirring up trouble between us on the website (very long and complicated story).

So far we are only communicating via the website's Instant Messaging System, Texts and have exchanged voice mails once. We tell each other how much we misswhen they are not around and that we think of each other all the time.

As I said, this is my first LDR so I am not used to this at all. I can't help the tiny niggling at the back of my mind telling me this is either not genuine (as it happened pretty fast) or that she tells me what I think I want to hear/read and it's all empty words.

Welcome to LFAD.

First LDR's can be a little nerve-wracking at first. You don't really "know" this person yet and you can only go by what they tell you. Just remember, they are also only getting that from you as well. Even when CD, it takes time to get to know someone. Just be careful of red flags, like asking for money.

The next step would be to get out of the IM and texts and move on to holding verbal converations. You learn more when you can hear tone and inflection. Skype is good because you can choose just talking first - though I would probably want to go right to video. If you are comfortable enough to be exclusive, you should be comfortable enough to video chat. And then, just take your time getting to know each other. There is no rush. And we're here as you have questions.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

hey its great.

Comment

Working...
      X