formally introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

formally introducing myself

Hi all, I have posted in a few threads since I joined a couple of weeks ago so thought now it was about time I introduced myself.
    I'm 37-years young from Australia.
    My SO and I met online 13 years ago as we both were selected to help moderate a community website. We spoke for a couple of years, then had a bit of a falling out and got back in touch earlier this year. One thing led to another and then we decided to get together. We'll be meeting for the first time next year and I honestly can not wait of course! June can't come fast enough!
    We have had a bit of a rocky start since the time zone is so great (fourteen hours right now) and we can only voice chat once, occasionally twice a week due to our schedules. We do text when we can however which is every day fortunately.
    Anyone else in a similar situation when you can only voice chat once a week? It does make it hard because serious discussions don't work well over text; it's so easy to misinterpret things.

Anyway, that's me. I lurked here a while before I even joined and I have really gotten a lot out of some posts. Like some of you, I am known to get a bit sensative at times, and I can get a bit jealous and insecure, but I have been reading posts on here and really trying to practice what I've read - like not to be worried or parranoyed if I don't hear from him when I expect too.
    Nice to formally meet you all.
    Met Online: 1998
    Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
    SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Another fellow Aussie, welcome

Comment

Hi and welcome to LFAD!

My SO and I only have a 8 hour time difference but because of our very busy schedules we can only voice chat once a week too. I totally understand about misinterpreting things over text, it is very very easy to do and there have been many times i've tried to say something and my SO has taken it completely the wrong way and suddenly a simple discussion has become a giant relationship dilemma. it's hard to deal with and can be very frustrating but i find when i do get to voice chat with her we're much happier and seem to have a nice time like i don't think we've ever had an argument over voice chat. i guess we just save all our miscommunications and grumpiness for texting lol
      my girls <3

Josie (SO)
      Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
      Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
      Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
      Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
      Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
      Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
      Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
      All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Yes, I'm finding I'm having to save all my serious talk until we talk on the weekend; it is so tricky to do but possible I guess.
        Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! Where abouts are you from? I'm from Melbourne.
          Yes it can seem like us Aussies are a real minority on these types of forums. Lol.

Comment

Working...
          X