Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinburgh - The Netherlands

Hi everyone!

I'm new at all this, but hope to find a place to share the ins and out of a LDR as I think I may be beginning a serious one!

Let me introduce myself, I'm 22, from Spain, studying my BA in The Netherlands and currently on exchange until December in Edinburgh - Scotland. When studying for my 2nd year of law degree in the Netherlands last year I met the most handsome Dutch boy, we fell in love and started a relationship that hasn't stop blooming until present time. The only perk, I knew I was going abroad again from September to December, and was afraid of how a LDR would work out with us. Turns out so far so good, we just turned 1 year! But the problem is, international oriented as we both are, he is planning on going on an internship in February for a minimum of 4 months and I am devastated. I am the one encouraging him to take a break from studying and do something practical but at the same time, it breaks my heart to see him go when I return... And moreover, the thought that despite knowing, both of us, that we are in for the long run, it will not be the last time to be apart due to work or studies makes everything more uncertain.
Working...
X