Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone! Did LDR for over 1 year and now happily married

Hey LDR peeps,

I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully offer some advice/help to people going thru a long distance relationship. My wife and I did long distance 3 times.
    It first started when we were dating. We were about 2 years into our relationship when I moved to Seattle for work for about 3 months.
    The second time, we were engaged and I moved to Mountain View to be part of a startup incubator. This time it was about 4 months. Thankfully I flew back home to visit and that helped a bit. This time was even harder because I was so busy all the time with work that we barely had any time to Skype.
    The third and final time is when we decided to take the plunge and move to California. I was moving my company there and moved first. This seemed to stretch out for an eternity. I moved in June and she only moved in April. This was very tough but we got thru and are now living together and happily married

I didn't really have anybody giving me advice or tips during this time, so here I am. Hoping to help some people get thru it.

Nice to meet all of you
    Mike

Welcome aboard and congratulations on closing the distance!
    We're a pretty small, supportive community here. It's always nice to have more perspectives

Comment

Working...
    X