Heya'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya'!

Hey all! I've been a bit of a lurker here for well over a week or so. I knew at some point after finding out about this place I'd want to post but planned strategically when. So on and so...I began my LDR recently back in July this year (or July 2016 if you're reading this in 2017, if so, Happy New Year!!!) and things are going pretty well for me and her though pretty rough at first! This is my first and only real romantic relationship because I stuck to learning and honing my craft, though I did have a few crushes back in those (angsty) highschool days. More about me: I'm currently in the US army and will be getting out in October. I'm enrolled and will be going to Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) full-time to pursue my dream of becoming an animator (traditional and also 3D) and a cartoonist. I also have a twin.

I've been doing extensive research on long-distance relationships because I hope to arrange a meet-up/ visit some day in the near future within the next six to eight months. I'm aiming to have her visit me during the time I take leave after I find a new place. After finding a reference to this forum from a piece about LDR dating, I was surprised to find that it's quite the flourishing community despite LDRs' being not quite as common the arrangement for a lot of folks. So...to keep from spilling all my plans and ideas in one post, I hope to hear from some LDR veterans and other newbs, and relationship generalists overall. Thanks for listening.

Hello and welcome! We are here to listen, support and offer advice from all points of views!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I have a twin also! I keep forgetting that that is some important information people like to know about so good on you for not forgetting :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
      X