Hello and greetings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and greetings!

I suppose posting an introduction thread wouldbe a good idea, so hello everyone!

I've actually been a lurker here for few years already (more than half of my relationship actually), I just never managed to get the courage to actually register. And even after that it took me this long to post. This forum has really given me perspective on things and reading some threads have helped with the anxieties I used to have about the whole LDR thing. Its a super nice community so I finally felt like I should join.

Quick intro on us: Me and my SO met in an MMORPG game that actually ended quite fast after we started dating so I suppose the whole purpose of it was for us to meet. (It only existed for maybe two years). After talking online for a year, half of which we were dating, he invited me over. Accepting was the smartest decision I've ever done, thinking back over five years later. He is from the Netherlands and I'm from Finland, and the plan is for me to move to him once im done with my bachelor's degree, which might even happen this year (and I'm starting to get anxious about it...!) We are actually pretty lucky in that I used to be able to visit him four times a year and spend entire summers there and that we can talk (in chat) every day, and face to face weekly. And to prevent this post from becoming a novel I will stop now...

This forum has already been a huge help for me so I'm sure it will continue to be so!

Welcome to LFAD, BP! I'm glad you decided to register.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

I'm so happy you registered! Welcome (officially) to the forum!
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Welcome!! glad you worked up the courage to come out in the open!
          Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
          ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
          closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Thank you all! I'm glad too

Comment

Welcome! Every time I read your username, it reminds me of a Super Bowl commercial from last year and makes me smile

US should know it.. Puppy-Monkey-Baby

Comment

I had to go check what kind of commercial it was and had to laugh a long while! I guess I chose a good username then

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
                    Welcome! Every time I read your username, it reminds me of a Super Bowl commercial from last year and makes me smile

US should know it.. Puppy-Monkey-Baby
                    I work at the company that ran that ad... It's become a running joke at work, hahaha. Now I'll think of it every time I see OP's username!
                    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
                      I work at the company that ran that ad... It's become a running joke at work, hahaha. Now I'll think of it every time I see OP's username!
                      omg that is too funny. Its the silliest thing - its a train wreck, cant stop watching it and saying puppymonkeybaby

Comment

Working...
                      X