Yet another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another newbie

Hey all - just introducing myself. Hoping to meet people in similar situation as mine of course. My SO & I has been officially together for just under 3 months but we've known each other for 13 years. We actually did have a LDR for about a year after we first met but technology wasn't quite the same back then so much harder to maintain! I was also pretty young - 18 when I met him, and he is 9 years older so that factored into our original break up. I'm in FL and he's in NH and we managed to stay friends for all those years, standing by and being there for each other throughout our respective other relationships and subsequent break ups. I convinced him to take a vacation down here a few months ago, when we were still just friends and about two hours in, we knew we weren't We both each have one child, and careers and ties to our respective home states so we know eventually one of us will have to give in and make the move, but the current goal is three years so that his son can finish high school up north Hope that wasn't too much info - look forward to hearing from others who may be in a similar boat with children, careers, etc. which all make it a bit harder to end up in the same spot!

Hello!
    Welcome to the LFAD community!

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome to the forums! Yes, around here we know all the changes and sacrifices it takes to close the distance... but it's all worth it in the end.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Hi and welcome to LFAD

We have all sorts of people in all sorts of relationships here so I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for
          In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
          Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
          Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
          My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Hi and welcome! We have careers and kids and yes, it's not easy at all but if it's what you want, you'll find a way.

Comment

Hi there....My SO is also from NH...I love it there....

I look forward to talking with you more....look around the forums and post..it's a great place with lots of support!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I havent been to NH in 13 years and I only went in the freezing winter (twice!), which is really difficult for a FL girl! My son & I are going up in 26 days so I'll actually get to see some real fall foliage...I did like it but not a fan of the cold weather.

Comment

Hi there, and welcome to LFAD!

Comment

hey there! Welcome to LFAD! I hope and am sure that you'll find everything you're looking for here!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                      First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

wow, thats a great story! You were meant for each other Welcome to lfad!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Kids, careers and living in different states does make everything a bit more tricky but the distance is not impossible!
                          The more obstacles there are on the way the more amazing it'll feel once it's all over and you've closed the distance!

Comment

Working...
                          X