From an Alaskan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From an Alaskan

Hi, guys! This is new to me, both this website & talking about my LDR.

I’m Uschi. I’m 18, a college student (majoring in English methinks) & I currently live in Alaska. I was born here, as well.
    My boyfriend is called Thorn. He’s 27 & living in Victoria, Australia & he’s currently in-between jobs as he just moved back to his home town.

Often times, I feel very lost (for lack of a better word), because there’s not a lot of people that support me & him and it gets very disheartening.
    I love him to death & nothing will ever really change that; he gets me more than anyone I’ve ever met.
    I try to avoid breaking up with him over distance.

To put it short, I get a lot of flack from my family & friends about it.
    I’m hoping to find friends that support it & that I can openly talk about it with, because despite the distance/age, it’s a very loving & normal relationship.

Spoiler:
    & I know the age thing is weird/somewhat major, but I truly don't think so.
    My friends that are months younger than me have expressed interest in guys way older than that

Anyway, in conclusion, HELLO!!!! I just joined this website. Ha ha ha.

Welcome!

I'm sorry you don't have a lot of support from family/friends. I hope those closest to you will come around eventually. Do you get flack on the distance part or age difference the most?
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

Hi and welcome.
      I know it's no comfort at all, but it seems most parents don't support the LDR's of their children... Mine don't either (look at my age, hehe).
      Keep going, when you feel it's right, trust your insticts.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Welcome here.

My family didn't support my first international LDR. Mostly due to the girl's religion and due to her lying to her family about us. They were more supportive of my second international LDR.. until they met the girl. They are now supportive of my current one.

It will surely take time until your parents and friends support you more. Don't give up.

Comment

It varies, honestly. Sometimes I get the "he's not real! he's catfishing you!" (despite the fact that we send each other pictures of our faces that aren't on social media, skyping/calling, etc).
          Other times, it's like "Oh the age difference is so bad". Haha.

Comment

I hope so, my sister has already skyped with him (accidentally walked in on our call haha) and she supports it.
            I hope she can convince my mom :P

Comment

Working...
            X