X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from a New Member

Hello!

Greetings from Singapore!
    In this forum, just call me Clementine or Clement!

I am in a South Korea-Singapore long distance relationship. We communicate in English, and sometimes Japanese.
    The long distance relationship age is short, it's not a month yet, but we have met and dated for almost one year (more than a year if our hangouts as 'just friends' when we broke up for a bit is counted in our journey).
    As you can see, this relationship is so immaturely managed. We are both immature.
    We are both newbies when it comes to dating, with me trying to make everything ideal like in the romance dramas, and him having difficulty to show his affection to me especially through messages.
    I have anxiety and panic attacks too, which makes me create super dramatic event of betrayal in my head due to his 'affairs' with some girls before.
    He didn't even cheat on me, it happened when we are not together. But then, emphasize on 'when we are not together'.
    Well, now we are not together, because we are far from each other right? BOOOOOOOHOOO!

That, the paragraph above, just show how dramatic I can be.
    I hope everyone will bear with me. I am joining this forum because I read that it will help, and I want to be more mature in order to make this relationship a success.
    I want to learn how to love without needing to be there, and make him feel it. I want to learn how to not be selfish and bear it even though he can't call me once a day.
    I want to learn how to tone down the drama and anxiety in my head, so that I can call him with all smiles, because I know he is facing something difficult as well.

To use this LDR as a chance for us to grow stronger and better as a person before we meet again is a promise we made to each other.

Nice to meet everyone here, I hope we can get along!

Hello and welcome to the forum

Comment

Hi and welcome.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Annyeong-haseyo, and welcome to the forum You mention you sometimes talk in Japanese. Why not in Korean ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lio View Post
          Annyeong-haseyo, and welcome to the forum You mention you sometimes talk in Japanese. Why not in Korean ?
          Annyeong-haseyo! Thank you!
          Um, it's because I can't, and I didn't know that our relationship will become LDR and didn't take the chance to learn...
          I still feel that I'm an idiot about that.
          We met in Japan, by the way, in the language school. I taught him English hehe

Do you talk in Korean with JiEun?

Comment

Ah okay, that's understandable. Don't feel this way. We can't learn every language maybe it's about time to improve your Korean, hehe. Mine as well. Jieun and I mainly use English. My Korean is very bad - it's just the basics, you know. Her French is getting better, as I noticed from our call this morning. I should take more time for Korean, as I'm going to visit her soon and her family doesn't speak English.

Comment

Working...
            X