American Cookie found her sweet Dutchman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Cookie found her sweet Dutchman

Well hello, we meet again, many years later! I was on here over 8 years ago for a relationship I was in but it didn't last So I am back!

I am in a relationship with a Dutchman. I met him on a dating site and the way we met is so crazy to me. I was in a bad mood over my ex trying to come into my life again and various other things that day having to do with him and his family. It was nighttime and i was on my couch scrolling the internet on my phone when this huge ad for Okcupidinternational took over my phone. I mean it legit took over my phone and i could click out of it. Well I was already pretty annoyed so I thought ok I will join and take my anger out on all the creeps who will no doubt message me....believe me there were plenty! Well I joined with a basic profile and some pics. I was getting all those creepy messages but honestly didn't have the energy to respond! Well maybe a day later I got this really sweet message and it was my now bf, the sweet Dutchman as I call him. He calls me his American Cookie. Well he sent me such a nice message I felt i had to respond and i thought he was cute so I thought "why not." I wasn't looking to date but I didn't think it would hurt to chat with someone. Well we started out talking randomly here and there via email then he asked if i had WhatsApp so I downloaded it for him. Well then we started to talk more and then one day it was an every day thing. Next thing i know I am booking my plane ticket to see him! I booked my ticket in October for March. I had never done ANYTHING like this before. I mean meet a strange man I met online?! I had always known my LD bf before they became LD. This was different. I was excited because so far in text and in video chat he was PERFECT (for me). He was everything I ever wanted and I couldn't wait to see him. Well March finally came and I had the MOST AMAZING TIME OF MY LIFE!

Let me say this man made my one time dream come true. Just thinking of it makes me all teary eyed. Ever since i was little I wanted to go to Paris. I was obsessed France in general and The Eiffel Tower has always been this love of mine. I call Paris my first true love. Anyway he planned a 3 day trip to Paris for me while i was there, talk about EPIC first dates! He made every little dream I had growing up come true. We stayed in two places, the art district and then the last night and day he got a room RIGHT NEXT TO THE EIFFEL TOWER! My room had a VIEW! I almost died. I was in such shock at what he had done for me. I was rendered speechless for once in my life! We went to The Eiffel Tower and all the way to the top. I loved it and I can actually say I fell in love with him in Paris. Sounds so cliche and so something I use to fantasize about as a little girl and teenager, hell even as an adult......falling in love IN Paris. Well it was our last night in the amazing room and he asked if he could read to me. I said ok sure. He started to read this short story on his phone from an author he liked. It was in English, not his mother tongue either, and I was just mesmerized listening to him. I know it may sound so silly but he was so sweet. He read the entire thing with such personality even through some words he had a hard time with he didn't skip a beat. I remember lying next to him with my beloved Tower all lit up and thinking "WOW this is my life right now." I got teary eyed but he didn't see it thanks to my glasses! I knew in that moment I loved him. I knew he was the one I wanted to spend my life with. After that night we went to London for a concert and then we flew from London back to Holland. In those ten days i had never been so happy or treated so kindly. He always use to say to me "I am Dutch not American you will see how I treat you."

Ok I went on a bit much but I am so insanely happy with my sweet Dutchman. We have plans to live together in Holland. I will immigrate in 3 years, that's the max time we think it should take. My son will immigrate with me. We talk about buying a house and moving and what i would do for work. It is so nice to have someone who wants to discuss and plan a future. I am so happy with him. He always tells me he will give my son and I good happy life. He tells me to never worry that he isn't going to treat me how I have been treated in the past, which hasn't been very good. He is just so reassuring. I have never felt loved, wanted or needed so much in my life. I can't wait to move and have a life with this man. He wants to be a parent to my son and he hasn't even met him yet. My sweet Dutchman will be here in November for two weeks and my son is so excited to meet him. I honestly can't wait for it! It will be when we start to work on our plan of living together IN Holland!

How lovely!

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. What a lovely first dare indeed. Hope things continue going well for you both.

Comment

Really happy to hear that your dreams have come true with the help of such a lovely guy!
        I'm in love with a Dutch man too, and he's equally as sweet.

Here's hoping we can both overcome this distance!

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

Working...
        X