Erin from Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erin from Iowa

Hello. I am Erin from Iowa. I am 37 years old and I am obviously new here. I came here to find others to chat with because I have been in an opposite sex friendship with my best guy friend for 5 1/2 years. We meet online, live in different states, and have fallen in love with each other. However, we are also an age gap couple, and we are not currently dating due to insecurities he has with the distance. He remains my best guy friend and we talk everyday. I am sure our situation is both unique in ways and perhaps very familiar in ways to many. I will not reveal his name nor will I answer specific question about him, out of respect but otherwise feel free to ask me any questions as I am pretty honest about anything. I hope this can be a place I can feel like I belong. So often we feel alone in our own bubble with other's criticizing what they do not understand, not realizing others are in fact just like us and going through the same thing. Oh and I am sure this will be asked right away; the age gap is 14 years, and he was 18 when we meet.
    I reach out for you and for a moment...I can almost touch you.

Hi and welcome.

Comment

Hi and thank you!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

I hope he is able to overcome his insecurities about distance. Being with your best friend is the best
        Read my LDR story!
        Facebook
        Instagram

Comment

I hope so some day as well. I do always wish for the best for him and I want him to be happy whether it is with me or not. I am hoping it can someday be with me of course. I think he kinda lives in his security bubble right now. He and I get along better than I have gotten along with anyone else in my entire life. I do have a female best friend of 27 years also but she and I totally different lol. Which is ok. I feel like I can talk to my gbff much easier than others. He also tells me the truth all the time, even if I don't like it.

Comment

Nice first post. Welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X