Intro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro...

I have been lurking here for over a month now. I thought I would join in the fun and say hello to officially break the ice.

Just to give some background. My name is Micah. I live in Iowa. I am in a long distance relationship with a man who lives in Wyoming, which is about a 10 hour car ride away from me. We attended the same high school growing up. I was a freshman and he was a senior, but we never pursued a relationship back then. Although, I did have a crush on him, but he turned me down due to my age! His mom and my mom are very close friends, so in my early 20's we became email pen pals. Our mothers encouraged us to keep in touch, secretly hoping we would start a romance, but due to our ages and priorities, it didn't exceed past emails. Shortly after that, at the young age of 21, I met my first husband, we had 2 children together, so he and I lost touch. He got married as well, life just went on, but we both ended up divorcing our respective spouses. In late May of 2010, he joined Facebook. I added him as a friend and we started sending each other private messages through there. After a few days, he asked for my cell phone number and we proceeded to text constantly throughout the day. In mid-June, he was in the area visiting his parents, and we met up. We have been together ever since, and have seen each other consistently every 2-3 weeks since. Although, that will be changing to a longer time frame after this next visit, due to his schedule.

This relationship has been hard for me because I am currently unemployed and have way too much time on my hands, so I just desire more contact than he can give. He works in law enforcement, has crazy hours, and is always super busy. I find myself with a lot of idle time, and this forum has sort of helped me get by and a way to distract myself. I would like to try to start contributing here, so I figured I should introduce myself first. I figured it was a good place to get support since there are some times where I feel like I could go absolutely crazy!

Welcome to the forums. People here are super supportive.

I'm in the same boat, my SO moved a few hours away so I can see him every few weeks but he's in university and I'm just working right now so he's WAY busier than me and I find myself wishing he would talk to me more all the time because I don't have much to do. Hobbies are the best things to find to keep yourself occupied. I've started learning to crochet.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD =D Everyone here is so friendly and supportive. Anytime you just want to talk or rant or need advice, we'll help. =)

Comment

Welcome! There is no better place to be if you're in an LDR!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
        And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Welcome to the LFAD community! :]

Comment

Welcome~ I kind of lurked for a few weeks too before jumping in and introducing myself. Everyone here is pretty friendly!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! When you feel like going crazy, you'll have lots of people to go crazy with

Comment

Welcome to the community!!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!!!
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

awww what a cute story, isn't it funny how life happens! Idle time is NOT good. That is when I always get the most depressed about being in an ldr. Hopefully you can find some things to do to occupy your time. Welcome here, this place is great!

Comment

Hi Micah, welcome to LFAD
                      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Hey Micah and welcome!

Comment

I thought I'd said welcome but I missed, oh dear! WElcome to the community! My boyfriend is in the same boat as you - so I rectified it by paying for part of his travel to come out here for two months. >

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X