Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bet You don't have many Estonians here! Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet You don't have many Estonians here! Hello!

Dear everyone! I am Karolyn from Estonia.

I wish I found this place ages ago. I have been in long distance relationship with my boyfriend for a year and half now. Pre-story is that I used to live in London, United Kingdom. I was a waitress in restaurant called Garfunkel's. My current boyfriend, let's call him SO, came to the restaurant where I work, with his mother to have a lunch whilst waiting his sister to have a job interview somewhere in London. I served them and SO was so handsome, these brown eyes, dark hair, very friendly face. And Jesus Christ....speaking German, too. ♥__♥ But I had to go for my break before they left. SO and his mom finished the lunch and had to leave. I was nowhere to be found, so they left. Apparently 10 minutes later he had come back to look for me, cause he had decided that for the first time in his life, he is going to step up and ask if I was interested of getting to know each other some more. But I was still not available. My manager had told him that I will be back only in 30 minutes. SO couldn't wait that long, cause his sister had just called telling that the job interview is over and she is ready to leave London. (They lived in Bournemouth back then.) But he decided that this time he will not give up! He made his mom and sister wait for another half an hour and SO came back to me. I finished my break and the first thing that my manager told me, was: "You know....it's not some PIMP house, haha, there's a guy asking for You and he is coming back shortly, he sat right here". I was obviously confused. SO already entered the restaurant again and that was so funny moment! SO introduced himself and asked whether I would be interested of exchanging email addresses to get to know each other a little. I agreed. And after that we exchanged few emails. That is how this all started. We met up few times, I visiting him in Bournemouth and he coming to see me in London, but back then it was not the right time, so it never got serious and I shortly decided to move back to Estonia.

Over years we kept in contact. He had always promised to visit me in Estonia, but it never seemed to happen. It always seemed to be the type of promise that everybody gave but nobody really fulfilled. I had some relationships in between, but none of them worked out. 5 years later SO said that he would like to visit now. And we planned to meet. It was nice to have him coming around and I was excited about it. But I did not think that over years we would still have the connection that we had years ago. But within the two weeks he spent here in Estonia, we fell in love. It was not convenient at all, but very special. In Estonia we never acted on our feelings, but discussed them. A month later I visited him in UK. And then it was very crystal-clear that the connection we have cannot and shouldn't be ignored. We started looking into our options: one moving, both moving to a third place or a long distance relationship. I was not happy doing the moving cause I had my BA degree in process. And I did not want to do any long distance relationship. I hate hate hate hate....did I say hate yet? ...it! I don't have patience for that, I have a cannot-and-don't-want-to-be-alone-syndrome and well, I don't think I have to list all the reasons why long distance relationship can suck. And he couldn't move right now for financial issues and few other factors. We kept seeing each other once a month and after few months I made the difficult decision (cause he had already declared that he would like to be with me) to be in long distance relationship. In November 2016 in Riga I gave my agreement to be in long distance relationship with him until June 2017, where according to his words he should be able to move to Estonia and love here with me until I either finish my university studies OR however long it feels right to do so.

Now almost one and half years later we are still in long distance relationship due to some financial difficulties and the other thing: he finally got a job he really enjoys and it was unfair to make him quit the job before he had at least two years of work experience there to put in CV as I am not quitting my studies to move to him. So this has been long distance relationship so far, we meet every month: we either meet in UK or he comes to visit me in Estonia OR we go to some third country (so far the most convenient has been Riga). One time we decided to not meet for two months. It was disaster and as soon as we met we almost said it together: "Never again". xD It has been difficult, especially for me, cause I often feel that it does not fulfill my needs, where as SO looks at it differently: he sees this as more than he expected, as bonus. He is so nice like that, I wish I had more positive bones in me, too. We have many misunderstanding, that are just communication related, cultural differences related, some personal differences, different preferences. But every time we meet....oh, it's like we had never been apart - we have so much fun, we talk for hours and then SO is super expressive with his feelings...it's so special. We just click. I have never experienced that with anybody else. ♥ This is why we are doing this...to have this every day one day.

Currently the plan is to wait until next year's June (2019). Then SO will have his two years at work, he has had time to deal with financial difficulties and collect money for either moving to Estonia or having me in UK. I have then finished my studies in university (MA in psychology is in process right now). And when the time comes closer, we will together decide who is moving based on what feels right and how his work is going etc.

This is my story. As I just mentioned I am studying psychology. It's so so interesting. I also like doing sports, handcrafts, I am a super people person and would so love to have some new friends to discuss long distance relationship issues and to get to know each other.

Thank You for the attention and I wish You all the best of luck, strength and patience to hang on for Your true love! ♥

Karolyn from Estonia
    Last edited by karolyyn666; May 12, 2018, 02:42 AM.

I love the story of how you two met! Welcome to the forum!
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

Tere tulemast I enjoyed Tallinn when I visited there some years ago.

Comment

Working...
      X