Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie!

Hey Guys,
    Thought I would post and introduce myself since I'm a newbie.
    My partner, Adam (21) and I, Casey (20) have been together since 2006 and he transfered interstate June this year. We had been living together for 12 months before he moved and we had just bought a puppy (she's with me). I had to stay put as I only have until the end of the year until I graduate uni. So I think it makes it easier knowing we only have to do about 6 months. It's still hard though. Cause he is working so much he has only come to visit once and I haven't gone down yet for the same sorta reasons and we won't be able to do anymore visits until I graduate and move.
    Anyway reading some of your stories is amazing, I dunno if I could have survived more than 6months (probably could cause I love him but you get the idea). So congratulations to everyone who has kept it going so long!
    I think its amazing some of negative feedback I got for going into a long distance relationship. Most of our friends were supportive, as they know us and how well we are together, but my ex-boyfriends and his mother were completely the opposite - pretty much assuming this would be the thing to break us up after 4 1/2 years. Gah, anyway I have found it a little bit difficult to assimiliate to life on my own, as we lived together so we shared all the household duties etc plus I used to always fall asleep in his arms. I ended up moving home a month after he left, so that has made it easier household duties wise, but I still miss the affection.
    The long distance relationship has made us a lot stronger, as it has made us really appreciate each other a lot more. I think especially since we are so young it has been good for us to have some time seperated so we can try to discover who we really are, and all that sorta bull old people tell young people about not being tied down. We were able to do that without breaking up or having to run around and sleep with everyone lol. It has made us realise how commited we are to each other and it has even spurred talks of engagement (next 18 months or so maybe )

Welcome to LFAD!!!!

It is hard to do LDR...but I would live my life alone without that man....so I have found him...and we are living apart right now...some day our lives will be physically together!
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Welcome to the LFAD community! :]

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Everyone is so supportive here, and I hope you love it as much as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
            I think its amazing some of negative feedback I got for going into a long distance relationship.
            Welcome Casey, you will find more support here than you ever thought possible. Thanks for sharing your story with us. We've all been there. I have an abundance of Naysayers I've dealt with over the years about Ian and I. I tend to keep those people at a distance. I tell myself "I chose this love, I chose this life, separation is a part of it"

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

It must be hard going from a CDR to a LDR BUT you're so lucky that it will only last for about 6 months! Just stay patient and when you're feeling down or need someone to talk to we're all here to listen

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                  Welcome to LFAD!

It must be hard going from a CDR to a LDR BUT you're so lucky that it will only last for about 6 months! Just stay patient and when you're feeling down or need someone to talk to we're all here to listen
                  Yeah it was especially since we lived together, it probably wouldn't have been so tough if we both still lived at home. But the end of the year, when I graduate and move is definitely a goal I am looking forward to. I think without a definite move time (no exact date, but a definite span of a couple of weeks) it would be hard to focus, hence why I think a lot of the couples on here are very strong! That said, I am making a lot of sacrifices to be with him at the end of the year. I was originally enrolled in a 4 year course (Bachelor of Psychology), but I am graduating at the end of three years (Bachelor of Psychological Science) and am applying to do my 4th year honours via distance education (he moved to quite a small town and we are from a capital city). So in that sense, I have limited the choices of what univerisites I go to next year, as many don't offer distance ed. I will probably also drop down to part time, as I don't think I could manage doing it external and full time. Also, because he is in a small town and we are originally from a major capital city, the employment opportunites obviously aren't as wide, so I am having difficulties finding employment and may have to "settle" so I can move. But I think in the long run, uni will work out, and work obviously doesn't matter until I actually stop studying and it means I can be united with my man a lot earlier. Some people think I'm crazy because "I'm so young" (I'm 20) but they obviously don't know what some people with do for love!

EDIT: But yes, I completely agree that I am very lucky to only have to do this for 6 months. That said, I am very glad we did it (I was originally going to transfer in my last semester of uni to avoid a LDR) because we have really growed and learnt a lot more about love & life (obviously not everything lol)
                  Last edited by Casey; September 27, 2010, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
                    Welcome to the forums!
                    Silviar, where in Australia are you moving to?
                    I really hope you love it as much as I do (Aussie born and bred)

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                      First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey Casey and welcome.

Comment

Hi Casey and welcome to the community

Love your pic!
                          In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                          Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                          Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                          My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            Love your pic!
                            Thanks Andy! That my little family - I am convinced we are perfect, although my hair/makeup isn't done & I was crying all morning before the pics lol....
                            It seems like you and Tanja are superstars here!

Comment

Welcome Casey! Your doggie is the sweetest!

Hope we can help you through these next 6 months. It really does go by faster than you think it will!

Comment

Working...
                              X