Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland to America

Hi there.

So, I live in Ireland (Republic), and he lives in Arizona. We have been together 2 months tomorrow (4 Aug), and we met on a writing forum. I had split from my ex about 10 months prior, and wasn't looking for anyone. Then I joined a writing forum in April 2018, and I noticed a particular individual. I said nothing, because I knew he was in the US, and figured it was unrealistic etc etc. But I kept seeing him around, and then another member posted that she liked a different individual. That gave me the courage to confess my feelings, and then I messaged him on the 4th June. The rest, as they say, is history. We class our start date as that day, because how else can you clarify things in that scenario. We spent many hours messaging, asking questions about each other, except names. I managed a week in ignorance until curiosity got the better of me! We communicate on the writing forum, email, discord and google hangouts. We have done audio calls, and video calls. He has even read me bedtime stories!

I am looking forward to finding support, suggestions, and ideas to make things as easy as possible, even though I know it will still be really hard.
    Last edited by Atlantic Crossroads; August 3, 2018, 04:27 AM.

Welcome here. LFAD has a discord server too, for its members. If you want, I can give you its link.

Comment

Working...
    X