Hello, hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, hello!

Hi, everyone! A friend of mine showed me this site as she had stumbled across it when she was in her long distance relationship, and I decided to go ahead and sign up!

I literally JUST started my long distance relationship, although really we've been acting like a couple for years or more now. I met my girlfriend, Steph, 3 years ago on a forum for a show that we both enjoy. We hit it off amazingly, and eventually came to the realization that we had feelings for each other. Just the other day, she agreed to giving a romantic relationship a shot, and I couldn't be happier! But at the same time I don't want to smother her and I don't want things to get boring, I don't want to push her in awkward directions, but I want us to work out. -sigh-

She lives on the opposite coast (I live West, she's East), so I've never met her. But we text and call and chat all the time. We've made multiple plans to meet, but many of them have fallen through due to various reasons.

Ah, ranty intro post! Heh! Anyway, I'm really just glad there's a place like this for support and ideas and whatnot. I think I'll enjoy myself here, at the very least.

Welcome to the LFAD community! :]

Comment

Hi there!!! Welcome to LFAD!
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I think it's natural to be all excited and want to spend every waking moment with your SO when it's new.

Comment

Welcome to the community!!! And congratulations on your relationship

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. O: I like this place quite a lot already.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Glad you joined us

You'll find this place to be of great support when you'll need advice. Most people here ask the same question as you: How to make it work? Be open, communicate and trust your SO and try to enjoy your relationship even though sometimes it can be very hard. You've found your special person in the world so that's one obstacle crossed already and with patience, proper planning and time you can cross the second one and meet each other for the very first time. That's a moment worth waiting for

Don't be a stranger!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

And just FYi, everyone worries about the smother/boring/awkward/working out directions, no matter what the distance. Just enjoy your relationship, let it unfold, and plan your first trip.

And again, welcome.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                  First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi and welcome. All kinds of LDRs here including lots that haven't met yet.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Hi! Welcome to LFAD!

Is your friend who showed you the site registered on the forums too?
                        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome to our community!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Crystle!!

Comment

Another great reason to join this community - there are so many refreshing ideas! I cannot wait to start using them. Soon I hope to share my own.

Congrats on the relationship, and welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X