Hi guys :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys :)

Hey guys! My name is Danielle and I just joined.

A little bit about me and my long distance relationship with my boyfriend Jamie.
    We met at the gym (in Georgia) around January of this year. He came up to me and started conversation in a friendly way, I gave him my number and didn’t really hear from him again for about a month.
    He stumbled across my FB since we have over 30 friends in common. He invited me out to one of his friends birthday party which I was so glad he did since I hate first awkward dinner dates… (and most likely would’ve declined it haha)
    We started our relationship on March 16th, 2018 and in April 9th, 2018 my job relocated me to Pennsylvania.

Some of the things we love to do are go to the gym and lift, eat!, and go to festivals.

I work and go to online school full time. It been surprisingly good, and better than expected since I didn’t think I could do a LDR. He has been here at least once every month since April since he has way more flexibility with his job. However, he just started school so he is now also full time working and going to school.
    I am planning on visiting more now since he isn’t going to be able to and I know he will need the support since he is back in school after 10+ years. I am extremely proud of him.

One would think that it would get easier since we see each other once a month but every time we see each other and say bye it gets harder.
    I shouldn’t be getting so sad/upset though, I am truly impressed with how some of you do it being so far away from each other and not being able to see or talk to your significant other.
    I decided to join to know that I am not the only one going through this.
    I know it could be worse and I shouldn’t take it so hard.

Hi Danielle and welcome

Comment

Hey Danielle, we've been seeing each other about every month for a year and for awhile it just kept getting harder and harder, which I didn't expect...but after awhile it does get better. It still stinks, but I guess you figure out how to handle it better. Just keep swimming!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
        Hey Danielle, we've been seeing each other about every month for a year and for awhile it just kept getting harder and harder, which I didn't expect...but after awhile it does get better. It still stinks, but I guess you figure out how to handle it better. Just keep swimming!
        oh wow, whats next for you guys? how long do you guys have planned to do long distance for?? I am really hoping it gets easier.
        What i have noticed is that is easier for me when he visits. But when i visit it is hard getting to the airport and heading back to where i live.
        in your case... does he usually visit, do you visit or you alternate? what has been working better?

Comment

Originally posted by daniellenf View Post
          oh wow, whats next for you guys? how long do you guys have planned to do long distance for?? I am really hoping it gets easier.
          What i have noticed is that is easier for me when he visits. But when i visit it is hard getting to the airport and heading back to where i live.
          in your case... does he usually visit, do you visit or you alternate? what has been working better?
          I have no idea what's next...it all depends on if he can get a job here after graduation. Distance is not really something you can plan... We both alternate but in reality I've visited him far more than he has visited me. I think leaving your SO is harder because the parting is drawn out. You just have to figure out what makes it bearable for you.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X