Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New To This

Hey everyone,

I found this website a few days ago and decided that it might be a good idea to sign up.

I'm in my first LDR. We're both twenty years old and going to college, and we met online. We haven't met in person yet but we're trying to work out when we can, and the earliest looks like it's going to be next summer, though that's presenting its own problems right now.

A lot has happened and I genuinely appreciate him. I feel like I'm able to be myself with him, he treats me with respect and last night when I broke down because of so much that was crowding my head he instantly FaceTimed me so I didn't have to be alone crying. I went to bed laughing and content despite two stressful days in a row. I've never had someone I trusted enough to be vulnerable to like that. I feel safer with him than I have anyone else, and yet we've never even been able to hug each other in person.

I know long distance is going to feel hard at times, but he makes me want to be my best self, and we have so much we want to do with each other when we have the time and the money. Next Monday it will only be three months of us talking and two months of us dating, but it's felt so much longer than that and he has truly been a blessing in my life. I'm here to read up on all the tips and ideas and things that are available and to help myself have the support to push through with this.

He's a junior in college, and I'm a sophomore, so our funds and time are quite limited. But I want this to last as long as it can and see where it goes. We haven't dropped the 'I love you's, but after last night it really sunk in that my feelings for him are definitely past 'liking.' We've resorted to using other words just to avoid jumping ahead of the game. But I hope I can tell him soon- definitely by Thanksgiving. He doesn't give me butterflies, he just gives me peace, and hope.

This relationship is looking to be one of the hardest but perhaps most rewarding I'll have ever had... and it's scary. But he's worth it, to me, and I hope he feels the same. I trust him. There's no guarantees it'll work out, but he's someone I'm willing to take that risk for, even if it ends.

Thank you to anyone who reads this and I look forward to seeing what resources are available to me on here, as well as any advice I can tentatively offer, but I'm new to this so I won't have much yet.

-Claire

Hi and welcome
    I’d suggested starting with this thread
    https://members.lovingfromadistance....502-New-to-LDR
    Communication is a huge point so I’d read through the threads here and ask as many questions as you need, I’ve been here 4 years and I’ve had great support from this forum, it’s a great thing to be apart of.

Comment

Hello, and welcome.

I enjoyed reading your post. It reminded me of me and my SO.
      I'm also new to LDR. 4 months tomorrow, in fact.
      You also joined here on my bday, and my 2 year old's name is Hope.

Comment

Working...
      X