Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I've been lurking around the site for a week or so but I decided to sign up as today I dropped my boyfriend off at the airport and its the official first day of a new section of our relationship. A lot of my friends don't understand how it is to be in a LDR and tbqh I need support from people who don't think my relationship isn't 'real' or is going to fail.

We've been together just under 1 year and met at university and, unfortunately, he couldn't find a job in the UK so he's had to move back home to Germany. I know it's not far, but brexit scares me and we've never been apart from each other for longer than 11 days before!

I'm seeing him again for our anniversary at the beginning of November but it just feels like forever away

You're definitely in the right place. Welcome to the forum!

It's good to see you have a visit planned already-- I always find that it helps me to know when I'll see my SO next. November is just a month away, but I'm sure it's difficult to come to terms with that at the moment since your frame of reference is a little different. You do get used to it after a while, although it doesn't necessarily get easier.

Anyway, hope you find the forums helpful!
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
    X