Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone!

Hi!
    I'm Maria, 21 years. I met my boyfriend online and now we have been together for over 7 months. We have met once, 4 months ago, and now we're planning to meet again in 4 weeks. (Yay!)
    I have noticed that only the people who are in a LDR can truly understand what it's about so I was really glad when I found this site. What I hope the most is that I will find new friends who I can share my thoughts with. I also want to hear about other relationships and maybe get some tips how to make it work.
    I'm a bit nervous about using this site because I'm not a native speaker of English so I don't know if you can understand my writings and I probably won't understand everything you write... But I hope I can manage!
    Oh, one more thing. If you're interested where my nick BlackCherryJam comes from, I choose it because my boyfriend loves black cherry jam and he's trying to make me like it, too! :P

I hope I will be able to get to know you more!
    Maria
    How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard!

Welcome Maria! Your English sounds great. I think there are a lot of people here from different countries who can relate to the language barrier, but I haven't noticed it being an issue. I think you'll find that everyone here is very open and supportive.

Comment

Welcome to the LFAD community! :]

Comment

Thank you, both of you!

Comment

Hi Maria and welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Thank you, all of you! I feel so welcome... And I'm so excited about this! My relationship is very important to me so it's nice to get to talk about it and read what all of you have to say about LDRs.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Your English is better than some people that have it as a first language Nice to meet you!
                First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Maria! We have several non-native English speakers here. No worries, mate. ^^

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Thanks! It's so great to read all the happy stories about your LDRs. Gives me hope

Comment

Welcome to LFAD =]

Comment

Thank you! Love The Cure

Comment

Hi Maria, welcome to LFAD

And btw, your English is perfect
                          In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                          Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                          Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                          My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Aww, thank you!

Comment

Welcome!!!! Your English is WONDERFUL!
                              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X