Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here! This is my story...

Hi Everyone,

I am really looking forward to being a part of this community. I closed the distance with my boyfriend in August - I moved to Istanbul from the US. However, I returned home again a few months later for several different reasons, none to do with our relationship. Well, except one logical one - that we decided eventually we want to live together in the US and it will be easier if I maintain a home and job here. And that was more of a plus-side. But yeah, it's been really difficult being apart from him again.

Background:

He found me on Instagram. He's a student pilot and was flying in Budapest. I think he found me because I was liking some photos from a Budapest photography page. In any case, I stuck out to him somehow and he messaged me, asking basic questions and whether or not I was in Budapest. He found out I wasn't and that I was in a relationship - and he said OK I have really bad luck, just take care of yourself my friend. A bit later notifications came rolling in that he was liking nearly every single picture I'd posted in the history of my account. It made me laugh out loud. We didn't continue speaking because I'd said I was in a relationship.

A few days later I was on my way to work. I looked up and saw a plane flying across the sky and thought of him. A moment later, my phone buzzed. It was him... He messaged me a photo of him flying and said he was saying hello from 5,000 ft. It was just one of those really strange coincidences that felt special. He told me he just couldn't stop thinking about me. Since that day, we never stopped talking. The rest is history, but I can say I never expected my life would change so much when I'd "met" him. I never saw myself in Istanbul not even a year later! But so it was! And now, we are apart again. Our time difference is 8 or 7 hours, depending on the season. But we use WhatsApp to communicate. The voice message feature and the ease of sending photos and videos makes it easy to communicate. We video chat when we can.

I've joined the community for support. It's difficult to keep your head on straight sometimes, being so far from your significant other. At least it's hard for me. Doubt creeps in, fear. Our future is in progress, it's just incredibly difficult to wait. The unknown causes so much anxiety for me. I regret coming back to the States almost daily. We're currently waiting for him to finish his CPL (Commercial Pilot License). Once he does that, the plan is for him to get some experience flying commercial in Turkey, and then eventually he will come to the States. I don't know the detail of how this will work, or even have a good idea of a timeline.

We're just planning on making the most of the time in between that we will be able to cross the ocean to see one another. It's easier for us simply because he's already working as cabin crew for Turkish Airlines and we get majorly discounted rates on airfare. He's added me to his staff profile as his fiance so we can easily fly together.

And that's it, in a nutshell. Thanks for reading!

Welcome here. This is a lovely story

Comment

Hi and welcome to LFAD. This forum is a great support network with lots of helpful members.

Comment

Originally posted by Lio View Post
        Welcome here. This is a lovely story
        Thank you!

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
        Hi and welcome to LFAD. This forum is a great support network with lots of helpful members.
        Thank you! Happy to have stumbled upon it.

Comment

Working...
        X