New Here! Hello world! <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here! Hello world! <3

Hello new friends! I'm Crystal and I'm a freelance artist, and I've been in a long distance relationship for three years now (as of the 24th actually! Yay!)

My partner is from New Zealand, I'm from Wisconsin US, and we just got engaged in October while he was here visiting!

He will be coming here to live eventually... we were planning to get married next November, but have run into some snags and are basically back to square one with trying to figure out how to get him here.
    Researching solutions to the problem are how I ended up finding this forum, and I decided I could use some support for going through this big phase, so yeah, hello!

Where there's a will, there's a way... we can figure this out! <3

Go, Pack, Go!

Welcome to the forum

I grew up in the cheesehead state as well.
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the welcome! Nice to meet you! ^_^

Comment

Hi and welcome to this forum,

you basically have 2 choices: finacé visa or spousal visa

Biggest difference between the two is that you don't have the right to work or travel outside of the country as he enters the US on a financé visa. You'll have to file for permission (Employment Authorization and Advance Parole) after he enters the US. And then you have to file for Adjustment of Status after you got married.

On the spousal visa, he'll be a green card holder the day he enters the US and you have no more paper work to file to start working or traveling.

Ultimately, the spousal visa is cheaper as there is less paperwork to file seperatly.
        For both options you have to prove sufficient income of 125% of the poverty line to sponsor your BF or find a CO-Sponsor, who does.

If you have any questions, let me know

Comment

Visas stink, but being with your significant other is so worth it!
          Welcome to the forums!
          I went through the fiancé visa to be with my husband (he's the american :P) and can only say it seems more scary than it is

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
          X